If you're here for the #YASH, post is right below this one or click here.
A few very nice things. Girl on a Wire is on some lists for October books:
- "Top Picks for Science Fiction and Fantasy Reads in October" by John DeNardo over at Kirkus;
- "This Is One Of The Best Months Ever For Science Fiction & Fantasy Books" by Charlie Jane Anders over at io9 (*waves to friends on this one too*);
- In the weekly Book Riot New Books! newsletter put together by bookselling legend and basic rockstar Liberty Hardy;
- And last but not least "39 Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Books To Pick Up In October" by Andrew Liptak over at Buzzfeed.
Also, there are new interviews/media things:
- I was honored to be interviewed by Bianca Spriggs (an awesome poet and literary superstar) for the Carnegie Center blog about Girl on a Wire and process and the publishing biz and etc. You can also read Girl's prologue there. (And you can read a deleted scene that used to take place right after it here as part of the YASH.)
- And I was also honored to be featured in the Lexington Herald-Leader Weekender in an article by the wonderful Mary Meehan (and on the cover too). I may never live down this headline, but so flattered and I'd probably better just show you...
Speaking of which, it says you should come to the launch party at the Morris Book Shop tomorrow at 5:30 and get signed books and eat cake and watch circus performances and have SO MUCH FUN. And you should. Look at that window:
If you want signed copies, the best way to get them is to call Morris Book Shop before tomorrow night or contact Joseph-Beth Booksellers Lexington store (where Christopher works, so he can get me to sign 'em and they'll ship for a small fee) (I love both our bookstores! our booksy riches runneth over).
Have a great weekend!