I'm sure you've all seen the simply awful news about L.K. Madigan's health, which she revealed in a typically amazing post last week. She's one of those people whose work--and whose personality--generates an extraordinary amount of light and warmth. (I thought Flash Burnout was absolutely brilliant, and will be reading The Mermaid's Mirror soonest.) And, oh, how I wished there was something, any little thing I could do, and maybe you wished that too. Well, now there is.
The below is reproduced from the fabulous Tiffany Trent's blog. Participate if you can, if Lisa has somehow touched your life:
Photography: Latin for "writing with light."
~FLASH BURNOUT, by L.K. Madigan
Don’t you just love how friends join hands in troubled times...that, even when our lives are touched by shadows, we find Light when we're together?
We share a common link of friendship, one that connects each of us to L.K. Madigan. Our friendship is steeped in joy, in gratitude...and now, a tinge of sadness. But we've found a way to stand together in light: A book of love for Lisa, written and illustrated by her friends.
Lisa loves photography, as evidenced by her award-winning novel, FLASH BURNOUT, and the lovely images she posts to her blog. So we're compiling an album for her: one that demonstrates the many ways we've learned that lesson. First and foremost, it'll include her friends' photographs--pictures that symbolize all the ways are lives have been (and continue to be) touched by Lisa's. And of course, there will be room for your poems, personal anecdotes, and illustrations.
Be aware that we're working on a tight timeline: the submission deadline is this Friday (1/21), 8:00 p.m Eastern. If you'd like to participate, here are the project particulars:
1) Email your contribution to Tiffany Trent (tiffanytrent at MSN DOT com), with a cc: to Melodye Shore (newport2newport at gmail DOT com).
2) Use this subject line: "For Lisa"
3) Be sure your project is included as an attachment! (High-resolution jpg files, PDF and/or .doc files are acceptable.)
4) In the body of your email, please include your name and how you'd like to be credited (i.e., first and last name, first name and last initial, initials only, anonymous, or...?)
5) Briefly explain the story behind/significance of your photo (optional)
6) You must also include this statement in the body of your email message: "By emailing this submission, I've certified that I own sole copyright of the attached photographic image(s) and/or written materials. I've also granted permission for my work to be included in an album, as well as other tributes (print and electronic/online)."
Over this next weekend, Tiffany will assemble the album, which will be sent to Lisa via FedEx next Monday (1/24).
Share the love, spread the word! Please feel free to cross-post this to your blog, or to help spread the word via Facebook and Twitter. Be careful not to include Lisa in your messages or postings (ETA: no @ symbol with her name anywhere)—we’d like this to be a surprise!